There are several options to get to Urbana/Champaign by air:
- Fly to the University of Illinois Willard Airport (CMI). Daily flights are available to and from Chicago O'Hare and Dallas/Ft. Worth. The conference venue is about a 20-minute, $17 cab/Uber-ride from the airport.
- Fly to the O'Hare International Airport (ORD) or Midway International Airport (MDW). From the airport take a direct shuttle or rent a car. The drive from the Chicago airports to the campus is around three hours. Another alternative is to take the CTA train to the Chicago city and take a bus or train from there.
Fly to one of other nearby airports below and take a car rental from there:
- Central Illinois Regional Airport (BMI) at Bloomington-Normal, Illinois
- Decatur Airport (DEC) at Decatur, Illinois
- General Wayne A. Downing Peoria International Airport (PIA) at Peoria, Illinois
- Abraham Lincoln Capital Airport (SPI) at Springfield, Illinois
- Indianapolis International Airport (IND) at Indianapolis, Indiana
- St. Louis Lambert International Airport (STL) at St. Louis, Missouri
You can also take the rails with Amtrak and stop at the Illinois Terminal at downtown Champaign. Daily routes are available out of Chicago heading as far south as New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Greyhound provides daily service between downtown Chicago and Champaign.
- Peoria Charter serves many different locations including O'Hare Airport, Midway Airport, Chicago Union Station, and a number of Chicago suburbs.
- Illini Shuttle provides daily bus service to and from O'Hare Airport, Midway Airport, and Chicago suburbs.